Chicken Adobo- with dill?

I don't know how I missed this recipe. It was actually in the same special issue magazine as the Chicken Pickletelli. In that post I commented that I didn't think adobo had pickle juice in it. Either I am wrong or this is a really weird version of Chicken Adobo.



Chicken Adobo

2-1/2 broiler chicken, cut up

3 tablespoons oil

1/2 cup dill pickle juice

1/2 cup water

1 clove garlic

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Dash pepper

1 medium dill pickle, diced

2 cups hot cooked rice



In large skillet brown chicken in oil. Drain chicken on paper towels and discard fat. Combine pickle liquid, water and seasonings in same skillet and add chicken. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add pickle and cook 5 minutes longer or until chicken is tender. Serve over rice.

6 comments:

Attic Clutter said...

oh my Rochelle I think I'll pass on the baking of this weird recipe(:) LOL..
Good hearing from you..and thanks for your sweet words..Hope you are having fun this HOliday season..
Hugs, Patty

Dana said...

mmmm.. even if i ate chicken.. not sure I am seeing this combo :(

Attic Clutter said...

Oh good idea Rochelle.. a stuffed animal keepsake each year for a grandchild,I like the idea of a picture of them with the gift(:) thanks on my shoe-boot(:) hugs, Patty

Dana said...

more pickle juice huh? Interesting combo :(

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Rochelle~
My reply to the Billy Mays, hehe(:) oh yes ~~ugh~~ he drives us ALL crazy~~!!
Rachael Ray well I love her but she does talk ''way too much'' (:) Hope you are having a great start to 2009 ..
hugs, Patty

Attic Clutter said...

finally a grandma..OH YEAH Rochelle~!!
I am so happy for you ..you will Love it~!! And a girl to boot ..lucky you..
well thanks on the paper ornies too..
hugs, Patty